Vision problems are more than just an inconvenience. Correcting your vision may help increase safety, reduce headaches and fatigue, and help bring you greater happiness in your day-to-day life. Leaving your vision uncorrected can, however, have serious consequences including further illness or injury progression and difficulty in daily tasks. Our local optometrist can treat and manage many different vision conditions. We at Vision Professionals of Leawood, KS, are here to help.
Conditions Treated by Our Optometrist
The field of optometry may surprise you in the depth and breadth of conditions that can be treated by our local eye doctor. Here are some of the conditions we can help.
- Astigmatism: This is a common condition of blurred vision that is simple to diagnose and has many potential treatments.
- Blepharitis: This is essentially an inflamed eyelid. This condition tends to be uncomfortable although not usually serious, and is caused by excess oil buildup.
- Blurry vision: Impaired vision can be caused by multiple things, from trauma to illness. An optometrist can help you find the cause and suggest the right treatments for your specific needs.
- Computer vision: This is a common complaint from those who spend extended time in front of a computer screen.
- Dry eye: This is an irritating condition that can be caused by air irritants or even blocked tear ducts. We offer professional support to find the right treatments which sometimes include hormone balancing or vitamins.
- Eye flashes: Flashes or floaters in the eyes can be intimidating. Sometimes these events are simple occurrences and other times they may indicate a more serious condition. If you have concerns about flashes, it's time to get a professional opinion.
- Ocular disease: Ocular disease can come in many different shapes, symptoms, and levels of severity. The important thing for patients is to have a treatment plan to manage care for the best possible outcomes for any ocular disease such as cataracts, conjunctivitis, or even macular degeneration.
We also have experience treating patients of all ages, not only adults. Our pediatric eye exams help identify concerns early and work to treat vision issues as your child grows. In senior eye care management, our licensed optometrist can help support aging concerns from eye strain to presbyopia and other common diagnoses.
Other conditions that we can help treat may include:
- Eye allergies
- Refractive errors
- Pink eye
Visit Us for Eye Care from an Optometrist on Our Optometry Team
Seeing our eye doctor for diagnosis and treatment can be the first step to correcting or improving any eye-related conditions. After all, your eyes are part of your whole body's health. Whether the conditions are simple or complex, we at Vision Professionals of Leawood in Leawood, KS, are here to help.